Pesto Pan Muffaletta
Impress your dinner guests with our spin on a traditional Muffaletta
Prep and Cook
- 16 slices (1 loaf) Abbott’s Bakery® Rustic White bread
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 100g shaved sliced prosciutto
- 330g jar chargrilled capsicum, drained
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 16 slices chargrilled eggplant
- 10 (150g) Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 12 slices chargrilled zucchini slices
- 200g rare roast beef slices
- 120g light cheddar cheese slices
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 280g jar whole artichoke hearts, drained, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- Grease and line a 22cm round spring form cake pan with plastic wrap. Trim crusts from bread. Using a rolling pin or fingers, flatten slices of bread. Line sides and base of cake pan with 10 slices of bread, overlapping slightly and 2cm above height of pan.
- Spread ¼ cup pesto over surface of bread. Place a layer of prosciutto, capsicum, spinach, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini, beef, cheese, basil, artichokes and tomato into bread case, pressing firmly after each addition.
- Spread remaining pesto onto remaining 6 slices of bread and place over filling, pesto side down. Press down firmly. Cover with plastic wrap. Place a plate and 2 cans of food onto muffaletta and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Invert muffaletta onto a serving platter and garnish with basil leaves. Serve cut into wedges.
Note: Some slices may need to be cut in half to fill any gaps on base and top.