French toast with ricotta, strawberries and blueberries
Valentines Day theme – Enjoy with someone special
Prep and Cook
Prep 10 minutes, cook 10 minutes
- 4 slices Abbott’s Bakery® Country Grains bread
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 80g extra smooth ricotta
- 125g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 60g blueberries
- 2 tbs maple syrup, optional
- icing sugar for dusting, optional
- Whisk milk, eggs and vanilla in a large shallow bowl.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place 2 slices of bread into egg mixture, pushing under liquid to absorb custard.
- Transfer to frying pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and custard is cooked through.
- Place a slice of toast onto each serving plate. Top with ricotta and sliced strawberries. Drizzle with maple syrup and dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.