Avocado and Poached Egg on toast with Garlic Aioli
Kick start your day with this all-time favourite. It’s quick to make and even quicker to eat.
- 2 slices of Abbott’s Bakery® Country Grains bread
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 large egg, poached
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tbs garlic aioli
- Lemon wedge, to serve
- Sprinkle of chopped parsley to garnish
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add the vinegar and bring to a boil over a high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat so the water is simmering, then use a spoon to swirl the water into a whirlpool. Crack egg into water and cook for 2 ½ minutes
- Toast two slices of Abbott’s Bakery® Country Grains bread
- Thinly slice avocado and place on top of toast
- Place poached egg on top of avocado
- Drizzle garlic aoili over the top
- Scatter chopped parsely over the avocado and egg and serve with a lemon wedge – enjoy!